This jewelry was created with the utmost love and care. Follow these simple steps to help keep your jewelry look its best year after year.
- Use the ALEX AND ANI polishing cloth regularly to effectively clean your jewelry.
- Always store each piece separately, especially our expandable necklaces. The best way to store your necklaces is to hang them.
- Apply beauty products such as perfume, hairspray or deodorant before wearing your jewelry as certain chemicals in these products may damage the finish.
- Always remove your jewelry before swimming, bathing, doing household chores or using abrasive cleaners.
- If your jewelry requires further cleaning, use a mild soap, water and a soft cloth. Rinse with clean water and pat dry. Never use jewelry cleaner on Trend pieces. Jewelry cleaners are too harsh and may contain abrasives. We recommend using a polishing cloth for Precious pieces.
- Use a soft toothbrush to clean crystals if necessary.
- Make sure your jewelry is completely dry before storing.
- To avoid black markings either on your skin or the bangles, be sure to clean your bangles regularly. These markings are due to trapped oil and dirt in the metal and can be easily cleaned.
ALEX AND ANI Leather Goods go through an extensive tanning process. The leather is kept in drums to fully absorb the color. It is meticulously treated so that the texture is luxuriously soft. Each piece of our naturally distressed leather has its own unique characteristics; the variations in textures and color are to be expected. Our vintage-inspired, distressed leather was designed purposefully to look better over time. Follow these care instructions to keep your leather looking its best year after year.
- We recommend not using any leather spray on our products, as it may change the look of the leather.
- Use a mild soap and damp cloth to clean the leather and the inside of the leather. We suggest avoiding leather conditioner, as wear and tear is to be expected and will add character to these pieces. If you choose to protect your leather, test a small amount on an inconspicuous area of the product first. The protectant may cause the leather to darken in color. Avoid all oil-based protectants.
- Avoid exposure to intense weather conditions such as snow, rain, and direct sunlight
- Store your leather in our ALEX AND ANI dust bag (included with each Leather product).
Each LIGHT AND IGNITE Candle holds a flame of intention and a blessing of celebration. Please follow these tips to keep LIGHT AND IGNITE Candles burning bright and supplying positive light to the world.
- Remove candle from outer packaging before lighting.
- All of our candles feature a natural wood wick. The wick requires no trimming and will burn cleanly and evenly with a low burning flame.
- Keep burning candles away from drafts, ceiling fans or vents. This will help prevent rapid or uneven burning and avoid flame flickering, flare-ups and soot.
- A crackling sound can be heard while burning the candle. This is intentional, due to the natural wood wick. The candle is designed to be soothing and simulate the sound of a crackling fire when burning.
- Do not leave a burning candle unattended or within the reach of children or pets.
- Keep the wax pool free of matches and debris at all times.
- Never touch or move a burning candle when the wax is liquid.
- Never extinguish a candle with water as this will cause the hot wax to splatter.
- Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire such as curtains, carpeting or bed linens.
- Always place the candle on heat resistant surfaces. Avoid surfaces that can become cold such as a glass or marble table.
- Store candles in a cool dry place when not in use. Extreme temperatures can cause the candle wax to crack or melt.
Failure to observe the instructions can cause a fire hazard, personal injury or property damage. If you wish to reuse the glass container place it in the freezer for 4 hours to harden the remaining wax. Remove it from the freezer and turn the glass container upside down. Gently tap on the glass to remove the hardened wax. Wash the glass thoroughly and reuse for flowers, pens etc. Do not use the glass container for food or beverages.