SEASIDE GETAWAYSWEEPSTAKES escape could be yours.
In Portland, Maine
Lunch for 2 at The Porthole
Schooner cruise withPortland Schooner Company
Dinner for 2 at Old Port Sea Grill
Private tour of Sea Bags Workshop
A Sea Bags in-store shopping spree,
valued at $250
An ALEX AND ANI Portland in-store
shopping spree, valued at $250
PLUS, 4 lucky winners will be selected to win a custom
prize from ALEX AND ANI + Sea Bags in the days before
the Grand Prize Winner is announced!
THANK YOU FOR ENTERING!
Your submission hasbeen received
Seaside Getaway Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES IS RESTRICTED TO INDIVIDUALS, 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT TIME OF ENTRY. ACCESS TO THE INTERNET IS REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE
- ELIGIBILITY: Seaside Getaway Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes” or “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are eighteen (18) years of age and older at time of entry. Officers, directors and employees of Sea Bags, LLC (“Co-Sponsor” and “Prize Supplier”), Alex and Ani (“Co-Sponsor” and “Prize Supplier”), the Hilton Garden Inn (“Prize Supplier”), Old Port Sea Grill (“Prize Supplier”), The Porthole Restaurant & Pub (“Prize Supplier”), Portland Schooner Company (“Prize Supplier”), each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, sales representatives, advertising, promotional and judging agencies, persons engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for this Promotion (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”), and members of the immediate families (defined for these purposes as including spouse, parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, siblings, and each of their respective spouse) or households (whether related or not) of any of the above, are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local and international laws and regulations, and is void where prohibited by law.
- SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins July 11, 2016 at 12:00:01 AM Eastern Standard Time and ends July 22, 2016 at 12:00:00 PM (“Entry Period”). The computer clock of Sponsor’s web- master is the official timekeeping device of the Sweepstakes.
HOW TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES: During the Sweepstakes Entry Period, an individual (“Participant” or “you”) is invited to visit, http://www.alexandani.com/sea-bags-sweepstakes to register your complete Full Name, email, zipcode, and optional date of birth and then click on “Enter Now” to complete your registration. This information will not be used for any marketing purposes unless Participant has opted into a sponsors email list. Upon completion of entry, each Participant is automatically entered into the Sweepstakes. Limit one entry per person per household mailing address. If you do not wish to enter the Sweepstakes online, please submit your entry via mail postmarked no later than July 18th, 2016 with your name, address, telephone number and email address to:
Robin McCall c/o Alex and Ani, 2000 Chapel View Blvd. Suite 360, Cranston RI 02920
By entering, you acknowledge compliance with, these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements, and Terms and Conditions of the Co-Sponsors’ Websites, as applicable. Co-Sponsors’ reserve the right to disqualify any entry that it determines, in its sole discretion, has violated any provision of these Official Rules as applicable, and their decisions in this regard are final. Proof that you entered the Sweepstakes online does not constitute evidence that it was actually received by the appropriate deadline. Participants waive all rights and remedies at law or in equity for any claim they may have relating to this Sweepstakes as a condition to receive any prize for which a Participant may be eligible to win. Incomplete entries are void. All entries and information become the property of Co-Sponsors and will not be acknowledged or returned. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the email account used to enter will be deemed to be the Participant. The "authorized account" holder is the natural person assigned the email account by email. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
- WINNERS DRAWING AND NOTIFICATION: Prize Winners will be selected by random drawing from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Entry Period. One Grand Prize will be awarded; one First Prize will be awarded; one Second Prize will be awarded; one Third Prize will be awarded; one Fourth Prize will be awarded. The Grand Prize Winner will be selected on July 22, 2016. One (1) First Prize Winner will be selected on July 13, 2016. One (1) Second Prize Winner will be selected on July 15, 2016. One (1) Third Prize Winner will be selected on July 18, 2016, and One (1) Fourth Prize Winner will be selected on July 21, 2016. The Co-Sponsors decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to the drawings. The potential Winners are notified by email. If the potential Winner cannot be contacted within two (2) days of notification, rejects the prize, or whose phone provider indicates that the email is invalid or unable to receive the communication (even if ultimately delivered thereafter), the Prize will be forfeited and an alternate Winner will be selected. The Grand Prize potential Winner is required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (“Prize Acceptance Release“) within two (2) days of the first attempted notification of the prize, or that potential Winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential Winner will be selected based on the criteria herein. The Grand Prize Potential Winner or Parent/Guardian of Winner is responsible for purchasing airfare and/or travel to Portland, Maine for prize redemption, otherwise they forfeit the prize and a new winner will be selected. If a Minor is selected as the Winner, they must provide their parent or legal guardian’s email address so a Co-Sponsor or its agent can send an email notifying them that their child (identified only by user name) has won a prize that involves travel and activities. Both the potential Winner and the parent or legal guardian will be required to sign the Prize Acceptance Release in order for the Grand Prize Winner to be qualified to receive their prize.
PRIZES (“Prizes”): The following Prizes will be awarded:
- One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive: 1-night hotel accommodations (double occupancy) at The Hilton Garden Inn; Dinner for two at Old Port Sea Grill; Lunch for two at The Porthole Restaurant & Pub; Private Tour of Sea Bags Workshop and $250 Sea Bags Shopping Spree. $250 Shopping Spree at Alex and Ani Store in Portland Maine; Two (2) two-hour sailing passes aboard a Portland Schooner Company vessel on Casco Bay. Redemption and use of Grand Prize must be within the following dates: 9/6/16-10/31/16. The estimated retail value (ERV) of the Grand Prize is $900.00 (USD).
- One (1) First Prize Winner will receive a Marina Seabed Wrap, Scarab Charm Bangle, and Scarab Sea Bag Wristlet. The estimated retail value (ERV) of the First Prize is $94 (USD).
- One (1) Second Prize Winner will receive a Shore Seabed Wrap, Phoenix Charm Bangle, and Phoenix Sea Bags Wristlet. The estimated retail value (ERV) of the Second Prize is $94 (USD).
- One (1) Third Prize Winner will receive a Navy Seabed Wrap, Ouroboros Charm Bangle, Anchor Expandable Necklace, and Phoenix Sea Bag Tote. The estimated retail value (ERV) of the Third Prize is $252 (USD).
- One (1) Fourth Prize Winner will receive a Navy Seabed Wrap, Ouroboros Charm Bangle, Anchor Expandable Necklace, and Phoenix Sea Bag Tote. The estimated retail value (ERV) of the Fourth Prize is $252 (USD).
- ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received. Many will enter, few will win.
- CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: By entering, all winners consent to the use of their name, image, likeness, photograph, voice and biographical material for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes by Co-Sponsors or a party designated by them, in any and all media now or hereafter known including but not limited to, any online announcements, or for sharing this information with the press for viewing, whether TV or print, throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law. Participants agree that if selected as a Winner, they will grant to the Co-Sponsors, and its designees the right to film and later publish footage of the Winner during their redemption of the Grand Prize. By entering, Participants and Winners release and hold harmless Released Entities from any claims, actions, injury, loss or damage of any kind, including but not limited to, personal injury or death, resulting from participating in this Promotion or from the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize awarded or participation in any Prize-related activity.
- GENERAL PRIZE TERMS & CONDITIONS: If any potential Winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules, or if any potential Winner declines the Prize for any reason prior to award, such potential Winner may be disqualified, even if the disqualified potential Winner’s name may have been shown/announced online, an alternate potential Winner may be selected at the discretion of the Sponsor or Co-Sponsor. The ERV of Prizes is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules and the date the Prize is awarded or redeemed. No cash equivalent will be awarded in lieu of Prizes and all Prizes are non-transferable; no substitute prizes will be made except as provided herein at the Co-Sponsors’ sole discretion. Co-Sponsors’ reserve the right to substitute a Prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated Prize should become unavailable for any reason.
GRAND PRIZE TERMS AND CONDITIONS: The Grand Prize Winner may be required to provide a credit card at the time of check-in. While Prize Supplier will make every effort to confirm reservations as requested, operational and/or market conditions may prevent them from doing so on the requested dates. Accommodations are subject to capacity controls, availability, blackout dates and other restrictions, all of which are subject to change at the Prize Supplier’s sole discretion. Travel to/from Portland ME is not provided as part of the prize package and is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Sweepstakes, and those set forth by the Prize Supplier’s prize fulfillment agents. The Grand Prize awarded, consisting of products/services for up to two (2) people, require that the Winner and guest redeem the Grand Prize together. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. The following are not included as part of the Grand Prize package and are solely the Winner’s responsibility: transportation to Portland, Maine, hotel taxes, additional ground transportation not specified, travel insurance, parking fees, alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages, site-seeing excursions and any other costs or expenses not identified as part of the Grand Prize. Any of these expenses may be collected upon departure. Any changes made will be at the expense of the Grand Prize Winner. It is the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner and guest to satisfy the entry requirements of the United States or any other governmental agency, or security firm as necessary. Grand Prize Winner and guest also hereby acknowledge that Co- Sponsors have not and will not obtain or provide any insurance. Co-Sponsors will not be responsible for any damage, losses, cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the supplier of accommodations, venue operators, transportation companies, Prize providers or any other persons providing any Prize-related services. Neither, Co-Sponsors are liable for any missed sailing activities, events, opportunities or expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay or ground transportation delays. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any transportation or other Prize element except at the sole and absolute discretion of Co-Sponsors.
The Winner is required to complete and return the Prize Acceptance Release within two (2) days of notification, and is required to send a copy of their driver’s license or birth certificate as proof of age, and provide to the Administrator with a valid social security number before the Prize is awarded for tax reporting purposes. An IRS Form 1099 will be issued in the name of the Grand Prize Winner. Once travel guest is selected, he/she may not be substituted, except in Co-Sponsors’ sole and absolute discretion. If the Grand Prize Winner becomes disabled or cannot otherwise fully enjoy the Grand Prize due to illness, the Co-Sponsors’ shall have the option of: (a) being relieved of liability for fulfillment of the Prize award; or (b) at Co-Sponsors’ sole and absolute discretion, extending the period during which the Prize may be awarded for a period equal to the duration of the Grand Prize Winner's disability or illness, in which case certain Prize components may not be available. The Grand Prize Winner must prove such disability by a doctor's certificate.
The Grand Prize must be booked 30 days in advance and completed after Labor Day, but before the end of October in 2016. Available dates will be provided. If the Grand Prize is not utilized by the October 31, 2016 expiration date, the right to the Prize will be forfeited. Cancellation, acts of God, preemption, or for other circumstances that make it impractical or impossible to fulfill the elements of the Grand Prize are not the responsibility of the Co-Sponsors’ or Prize Suppliers. Cancellation of reservations must take place at least twenty (20) days prior to scheduled arrival date. Other restrictions may apply. The total value of the Grand Prize and extras cannot exceed $900.00. Additional Prize award details and travel information is to be provided at the time of Grand Prize Winner notification.
The Co-Sponsors and its agents are not in any way responsible or liable for damages resulting from shipping and handling, any lost or stolen travel tickets, activity vouchers, Gift Cards of any of the Prizes once they are in the Winner’s possession, or in the possession of the Winner’s guest. All decisions by Co-Sponsors as to Winners and Prizes are final.
- OPT-IN AND PRIVACY: By participating, Participants consent for the Co-Sponsors and Prize Suppliers to obtain, use, and transfer a Participant’s name, address and other information for the purpose of administering this Sweepstakes. All information submitted to the Co-Sponsors as part of this Sweepstakes will be treated in accordance with the Co-Sponsors’ privacy policies, available at http://seabags.com/info/privacy-policy.html, and http://www.alexandani.com/privacy-policy/. Participant may opt into to receive future e-mails from Co-Sponsors’. A Participant will remain eligible for this Promotion whether or not they opt into receiving promotional e-mails from Sponsor and/or Co-Sponsor.
ENTRY ERRORS/TAMPERING: Co-Sponsors are not responsible for: (i) electronic or digital transmissions or any entries that are lost, late, stolen, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled, destroyed, postage-due or misdirected; (ii) any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation or transmission, communication failures, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (iii) failed or unavailable hardware, network, software or telephone transmissions, damage to entrants’ or any person’s computer and/or its contents, or causes beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes; (iv) any entries submitted in a manner that is not expressly allowed under these rules; (v) incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by Participants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, (vi) any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising of the offer, administration or execution of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of prize/prize Winners; or (vii) malfunctions or interference resulting from illicit, malicious or injurious code (including but not limited to viruses, worms and denial of service attacks). If for any reason the Sweepstakes cannot be executed as planned, including but not limited to transmission failure, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, or if the Sweepstakes is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, Sponsor or Co-Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes and reserves the right, but shall not be obligated, to randomly select the Winners from among all non-suspect entries received as of the date/time of such termination/cancellation or modification. Sponsor or Co-Sponsor reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify and prosecute any individual who tampers with or attempts to tamper with the entry process or who enters using any automatic or programmed entry duplication method.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR OTHERWISE CORRUPT THE SWEEPSTAKES OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS.
SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR OR CO-SPONSOR RESERVE THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY, PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Without limiting any other limitations or disclaimers of liability herein, in the event of any claim by a Participant against a Co-Sponsor or Prize Supplier, any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event shall there be a claim or award of attorneys’ fees or costs; and under no circumstances will Participants be permitted to obtain, and Participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, special, indirect and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
DISPUTE RESOLUTION: Participants agree that any and all disputes, claims, causes of action, or controversies ("Claims") arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be resolved, upon the election by either the Participant or Co-Sponsor, by arbitration conducted by telephone, online and/or be solely based on written submissions without any personal appearance by the parties or witnesses unless otherwise mutually agreed by the parties, pursuant to this provision and the code of procedures of either the National Arbitration Forum ("NAF") or the American Arbitration Association ("AAA"), as selected by the Co-Sponsor. IF ARBITRATION IS CHOSEN BY ANY PARTY WITH RESPECT TO A CLAIM, NEITHER PARTY WILL HAVE THE RIGHT TO LITIGATE THAT CLAIM IN COURT OR HAVE A JURY TRIAL ON THAT CLAIM. FURTHER, NEITHER CO-SPONSOR NOR PARTICIPANT WILL HAVE THE RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY ON BEHALF OF THE GENERAL PUBLIC OR OTHER PERSONS SIMILARLY SITUATED, OR AS A MEMBER OF ANY CLASS OF CLAIMANTS PERTAINING TO ANY CLAIM SUBJECT TO ARBITRATION. EXCEPT AS SET FORTH BELOW, THE ARBITRATOR'S DECISION WILL BE FINAL AND BINDING. NOTE THAT OTHER RIGHTS THAT ENTRANT WOULD HAVE IF ENTRANT WENT TO COURT ALSO MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE IN ARBITRATION. Unless both the Participant and the Co-Sponsor agree otherwise, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person's Claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding. The arbitrator's authority to resolve Claims is limited to Claims between Co-Sponsor and the Participant alone, and the arbitrator's authority to make awards is limited to awards to Co-Sponsor and the Participant alone. Furthermore, claims brought by either party against the other may not be joined or consolidated in arbitration with Claims brought by or against any third party, unless agreed to in writing by all parties. The arbitrator may award declaratory or injunctive relief only in favor of the individual party seeking relief and only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by that party's individual claim. No arbitration award or decision will have any preclusive effect as to issues or claims in any dispute with anyone who is not a named party to the arbitration. Notwithstanding any other provision in these Official Rules and without waiving either party's right to appeal such decision, should any portion of this paragraph be deemed invalid or unenforceable, then the entirety of this arbitration provision (other than this sentence and the paragraph below) shall be null and void.
If arbitration is not used to resolve a Claim, the Participant AGREES THAT THERE WILL NOT BE A JURY TRIAL. PARTICIPANT, SPONSOR AND CO-SPONSOR EACH UNCONDITIONALLY WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY IN ANY CLAIM OR COUNTERCLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS SWEEPSTAKES IN ANY WAY. IN THE EVENT OF LITIGATION, THIS PARAGRAPH MAY BE FILED TO SHOW A WRITTEN CONSENT TO A TRIAL BY THE COURT.
Participant agrees that this Sweepstakes shall be subject to and governed by the laws of the State of Maine, without giving any effect to the principals of conflicts of law, and the forum for any dispute shall be in Portland, Maine.
- WINNERS’ LIST: For the names of the Winners send a self-addressed, stamped legal size envelope no later than August 1, 2016 to: Customer Service, 25 Custom House Wharf, Portland, Maine 04101. The names of the Winners may also be posted on Sponsors’ website between the above-referenced dates.
Sea Bags, 25 Custom House Wharf, Portland, Maine 04101;Alex and Ani, 2000 Chapel View Blvd. Suite 360, Cranston RI 02920
Loading positive energy...