Welcome back for another department update! Our Charity by Design division has plenty of wonderful ways to get involved, give back, and make a difference in the lives of others.
• Inspire Your Heart with Art Day – Calling all artists! January 31, 2014 is Inspire Your Heart with Art Day, a day dedicated to using and/or creating art for peace, well-being, and happiness. We are fortunate to have Amy Kinney, Program Director at PeaceLove Studios, as a guest blogger. Be sure to check out the post to see how she has used art as a therapeutic outlet and helping other to do the same.
• Blood Donor Awareness Month – January is Blood Donor Awareness Month, and we’re honored to have our very own Lindsey Bailer, Online Product Coordinator, share her personal story of battling cancer as a guest blogger. Be sure to read her inspiring story of courage and positivity in the face of adversity here.
• Whole Heart Bangle – We’re thrilled to announce the launch of our Whole Heart bangle benefitting American Heart Association in February! Be on the look out for this lovely charm on February 7th, and help make a (+) difference in the heart health of others.
• Charmed by Charity™ Events – Are you looking for a unique way to give back? Our team has created a way to support the community by bringing people together to shop, socialize, and give back so they can truly be “Charmed by Charity.” We donate 15% of total sales from a Charmed by Charity™ (CBC) event directly to the hosting non-profit organization. CBC events are held Monday-Wednesday evenings from 6:00-8:00 p.m. or 7:00-9:00 p.m. at Alex and Ani retail locations nationwide, based on availability. Be sure to contact your local store for their schedule!
• Employee Engagement with the Public – We are always looking for new ways to connect with our fans through volunteerism, and we hope you’ll join us! Our volunteer team, Team (+) Impact, is always looking into events and activities that we can do with you, our amazing and supportive fans, to improve the world around us. For more information or to get our team involved, please visit our Charity by Design page and let us know!
• Living Water International Contest – Through our partnership with Living Water International, we were able to host a contest in our retail locations in December. The contest was to engage our bartenders to promote the Living Water bangle and spread the mission of how proceeds from the bangle support clean water initiatives in Central America. Alyssa Pontone, from Alex and Ani Red Bank, was the bartender who sold the most Living Water bangles in a specific time frame. Living Water has offered Alyssa a trip to Guatemala to witness the work they do to bring clean water to Central America. She will also gain an understanding of how important our partnerships are and how they can help spread the message. Alyssa will travel to Guatemala in June 2014 with Dee Fraser, Project Manager of Charity by Design, and Paige Dellerman, who through her high school project, helped with bringing our partnership with Living Water International to life. Stay tuned for a recap on our blog after the trip!