Welcome back for another department update! Our Charity by Design division has plenty of wonderful ways to get involved, give back, and make a difference in the lives of others.
• Hasbro Children’s Hospital 10th Annual Radiothon – Help support Hasbro Children’s Hospital during their 10th annual radiothon fundraiser on Thursday, April 3, 2014 from 6 AM – 6 PM! Alex and Ani employees will be facilitating donations over the phone from 4 PM – 6 PM. Help make a difference in the lives of Hasbro patients and their families by donating! Click here for phone number and all other information.
• Dress for Sox-cess Day – On April 4, 2014, we will be participating in Jimmy Fund’s “Dress for Soxcess” day to rally against cancer. With a donation to the Jimmy Fund, our employees can wear their Red Sox gear to work! To find out more information, join a team, or participate as an individual, visit their website here.
• Baby Items Drive in Support of Mothers and New Families/March of Dimes® Partnership – Due to your incredible support, we collected 650 diapers, 944 wipes, over 60 articles of clothing, and 15 bath and body items. Thank you to everyone who helped make the drive a wonderful success!
• March for Babies® Walk – Join us on Sunday, April 26, 2014 at Colt State Park in Bristol, RI for the March for Babies® Walk! This annual event raises funds for the March of Dimes®, an organization committed to improving the health of premature infants. Registration begins at 9 AM and the walk begins at 10 AM. Learn more about this great cause here.
• Ronald McDonald House Dinner – On March 12, 2014, we had the opportunity to prepare dinner for the residents of the Ronald McDonald House in Providence, RI. Several employees gathered at the house to cook a meal and interact with families. We enjoy doing this on a quarterly basis as a way to brighten the lives of families whose children are being treated at Women & Infants and Hasbro Children’s Hospital.
• Andrea and Greg Hampton Speaking on Organ Donation, Donate Life America – On March 18, 2014, we had the pleasure of welcoming Greg and Andrea Hampton to World Headquarters, a couple who has experienced the importance of organ donation firsthand. They discussed Greg’s personal journey with needing and eventually receiving a heart transplant and their role in the launch of the Life Preserver bangle to benefit Donate Life America. Check out Andrea’s guest blog from last summer here, which chronicles Greg’s story of needing a heart transplant. Then, read about the positive outcome in her second guest blog here, which discusses Greg’s transplant and subsequent recovery!
• Blood Drive Recap – A big thank you to all who participated in our Be The Match blood drive in honor of employee Lindsey Bailer! Due to your generosity, 38 people were present and 34 pints of blood were collected at Alex and Ani World Headquarters. Also, 40 people were present and 35 pints were collected at JOCC, for a grand total of 69 pints of blood and 207 lives potentially saved! Thank you again to everyone who helped make this possible.
• VH1 Save the Music Foundation Family Day – On March 22, 2014, our Charity by Design division sponsored the third annual VH1 Save The Music Foundation Family Day in New York City. The event, hosted by pop star Nick Lachey, was a day of family-centered workshops, activities, and performances with the goal of educating children about music and self-expression. Check out our full recap here!