Welcome back for another department update! Our Charity by Design division has plenty of wonderful ways to get involved, give back, and make a difference in the lives of others.
• Baby and New Mom Supply Drive – Help support our friends at March of Dimes this spring! Alex and Ani retail locations nationwide are collecting new, unused items to assist local labor and delivery hospitals up until March 14, 2013. Some examples of items needed are clothes, diapers, baby shampoo, socks, wash cloths, wipes, etc.
• Junior Achievement’s “Achieve-A-Bowl“ – Support Junior Achievement of Rhode Island by participating in the 30th annual Achieve-A-Bowl! We are sponsoring the event and will have a team of corporate employees bowling. Create a team with your company and join in on the fun! Full details are available on Junior Achievement of Rhode Island’s website.
• Blood Drive and Marrow Registration hosted by Rhode Island Blood Center – Make a difference in the lives of others by donating blood! Come to our blood drive on March 21, 2014 from 10 AM – 3 PM at 2000 Chapel View Blvd, Cranston, RI 02920 and 200 1st Avenue, Cranston, RI 02910 from 10 AM – 3 PM. The drive is dedicated to Lindsey Bailer, a member of our Digital Strategy team and survivor of Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. Please visit www.ribc.org to make an appointment with sponsor code 3281. Also, be sure check out Lindsey’s guest blog on the importance of donating blood.
• VH1 Save The Music Foundation Family Day – Calling all music fans! We’re thrilled to be sponsoring the third annual VH1 Save The Music Foundation Family Day hosted by Nick Lachey. This free day of family fun aims to educate children about music and self-expression. Check out our previous blog post for full details, including a performance and workshop by the voice of Alex and Ani, Colour of London!
• Stuff A Bus with Love – Our “Stuff A Bus with Love” drive in conjunction with RIPTA was a tremendous success! With your help, we collected over 800 teddy bears for children who attended the 20th birthday party for Hasbro Children’s Hospital! Check out our previous blog post for a full recap.
• Ronald McDonald House Providence – Make a difference in the lives of families with ill children this spring! Get your company involved with the Ronald McDonald House in Providence by preparing dinner for the residents. Every four months, we participate with our Employee Engagement program in an effort to spread positive energy to the families during difficult times. Visit Ronald McDonald House of Providence’s website for more information.