Welcome back for another beauty tip with Director of Beauty, Joseph Allaire! This month’s tip focuses on looking and feeling your best for the upcoming spring/summer months.
As the warm weather continues to move in, many of us are thinking about spring/summer clothing. Dresses, polo shirts, shorts and sandals become wardrobe staples as we spend more time outside. However, more often that not, winter has left its mark on us in the form of dry, rough skin. Wouldn’t it be great to buff it away safely and effectively?
As a result of working in the beauty industry, I have learned many homemade remedies, one of which being a body scrub. With a few ingredients and a little preparation, you can create a rich, purifying product that will leave your skin feeling smooth and soft to the touch.
• Natural cane turbinado sugar
• Grape seed oil (available at any supermarket)
• Essential oil (your preference, available at any supermarkets or specialty food store)
• Small container with twist-on top
1. Combine 1 cup of raw sugar, 1 cup of grape seed oil, and about 20 drops of essential oil (depending on preference of fragrance strength).
2. Twist on the container’s lid tightly and shake vigorously.
3. Massage onto skin in the shower to remove dry, rough skin and rinse thoroughly.
Grape seed oil is full of antioxidants, keeping skin nourished. It’s also one of the lighter oils, allowing it to penetrates a lot easier and not leave a greasy film.
After drying off, it’s important to moisturize while your pores are open. Our Scent 7 Body Lotion contains high levels of shea and cupuacu butter, making it highly moisturizing. It also has botanical extracts such as aloe vera, Buddha’s hand citron, and slippery elm, all known for their numerous benefits.
Here’s to a season of healthy, luminous skin!