At Alex and Ani, we wholeheartedly believe in giving back and making a difference in the lives of others. Our partner, American Red Cross, has been hard at work providing relief to those affected by recent devastating severe weather in the midwest. Below are some of their amazing efforts.
• The Red Cross is providing comfort and support to help the thousands of people across 14 states whose lives have been turned upside down by devastating severe weather over the past several weeks.
• Early estimates are that about 2,500 homes in eight states were destroyed or heavily damaged by tornadoes or floods since April 25.
• Red Cross workers are helping people in Florida, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Alabama, Louisiana, Georgia, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Kansas, Missouri, Arkansas and North Carolina. They are providing shelter, food, relief supplies, cleanup supplies, health services, emotional support and other assistance to those in need.
• As of May 5, nearly 1,900 trained Red Cross workers and more than 70 emergency vehicles have been mobilized to provide help in the hardest hit communities. Volunteers have already served 134,000 meals and snacks; provided 1,300 overnight stays in shelters; handed out more than 51,000 relief items; and provided 3,500 health and emotional support contacts.
• Red Cross caseworkers are meeting one-on-one with people to create recovery plans, navigate paperwork and locate help from other agencies. Nearly 500 cases have already been opened to provide individualized support to families and individuals.
• The Red Cross will be on the ground for weeks supporting the people affected by these storms. In the days ahead, the Red Cross will also be working with local community partners to provide additional services to help families begin to recover.
Want to help us help others? Please visit our co-branded partnership page to learn how a donation can help aid disaster relief.